Of classic and elegant style, both composite and wooden blinds have the ability to compliment most NZ homes and depending on your needs there is no wrong choice. No matter the decision, Urban Curtains and Blinds is able to provide the perfect window treatments to suit your particular needs.
However, before making a decision, be aware that although composite and wooden blinds appear very similar, they both have unique qualities to each other. Below is a comparison chart, showing the positives and negatives of each, to help aid in making the best choice.
- Made from real wood, as the naming implies, the texture, detail, and overall quality is exactly what you would expect from the real-deal. For many, there is simply no alternative to the original.
- Wooden blinds are lighter so are a better choice for larger windows
- Wooden Blinds are marked with subtleties and intricacies that are impossible for Composite Blinds to recreate upon closer examination. These blinds offer elegant and involved wood grain patterns, textures, and colours that instantly add luxury, aesthetic, and the desired level of sophistication to any room.
- There are often more variety available for colour when it comes to Wooden Blinds. This can play a key part in deciding which to choose, as the colour of the blinds can make a huge difference in the overall look of the room.
- Wooden Blinds are comparatively lightweight, as well as being easier to raise and lower – even at their largest sizes – than many kinds of Composite Blinds.
- Designed to look and feel as Wooden Blinds do, Composite Blinds are made of a variety of materials (such as PVC, vinyl, and composite wood material). Unless examined up close, most homeowners find it extremely difficult to tell the difference between the two.
- Composite Blinds are highly resistant to harsh conditions that could warp, fade, discolour, or hurt Wooden Blinds in any other way. Even after years of exposure, Composite Blind will still retain its resistance and original look.
- Composite Blinds are easier to maintain than Wooden Blinds. Due to its resilience, Composite Blinds have a wider variety of cleaning products and solutions than what’s available for Wooden Blinds.
- Composite Blinds are often a more affordable alternative to Wooden Blinds, without having to give up on the desired look. This is especially important if looking to fit a whole house, or business with new blinds. This way, there is very little compromise while saving money in the process.
- Composite Blinds are also available as shutters. These are lightweight as well as durable, and easy to install yourself. As with the blinds, the shutters are resistant to sunlight, heat, and moisture – making them ideal for any room facing any extreme.